Lately, jalapeno poppers have become my most beloved (and consumed) food group. My sister-in-law first made these on a family trip to Tahoe a few years ago, but suddenly I’m popping them like M&Ms vitamins. They’re delicious, easy to make and better than any you’ll find in a restuarant or out of a box (eew). There’s no frying either, so they’re healthy too (okay, that might be a stretch). My fashion pal Kristen of Glitter ‘N Glue is coming over tonight for a sunset snack and I’ll be making these — again. She’s from Texas too, so it’s in her blood to like them (right?).
Behold, the Best Jalapeno Poppers recipe…
Best Jalapeno Poppers
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. Combine 4 oz of cream cheese with 3-4 oz of grated cheddar cheese in a bowl (I just eyeball this and there’s nothing scientific about this process — just mash it around with a tablespoon!).
3. Clean and slice jalapenos lengthwise, keeping the stem attached (if you accidentally cut it off, don’t sweat it – you’re not Lorena Bobbitt). Scoop out the seeds and the insides. Pat dry.
4. Using a teaspoon, fill jalapenos halves with cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to ooze over and tops turn golden brown.
6. Remove, sprinkle a little salt if desired (I’m a salt fiend) and enjoy your new addiction.
Pairs excellently with Grapefruit Margaritas.
[Photos by FredBaby13]
Pool Cover Ups for Chic, Easy Days...
Looking for pool coverups and tunics for chic, easy days at the pool or beach? I've rounded up my favorites for vacation and everyday!read more
50 Easter Dresses for Women You Ca...
Looking for cute, stylish Easter Dresses for women that you can wear all spring & summer? I've found 50 of the best. Check them out!read more
Feather-Trimmed Caftans, Dresses, ...
Looking for feather-trimmed frocks? I've rounded up feather-trimmed caftans, feather trimmed dresses, feather robes and pajamas!read more
Affordable Caftans Under $150
Looking for affordable caftans? I found some great caftans under $100! And they look WAY more expensive than their price tag. Have a look and let me know your favorite!read more
What to Wear to Palm Springs in Fe...
Visiting Palm Springs in February or March and wondering what to wear? Here's the answer & why February and March are primo caftan season.read more
Kelly, have you ever wrapped them with one piece of bacon before putting them in the oven… It adds on the calories but always gets rave reviews at parties. I don’t make them that often anymore because we think I might have given my husband salmonila?!? He loved them and about 6 years ago ate 10 or so on a July 4th eve. We ended up in the hospital and a few days later the news anchors were reporting that it was not the tomatoes that were the recent source of a salmonila outbreak, but the jalapeños. I have been bringing that recipe back slowly hoping he will soon forget because others always love.
Sorry to hear about your hubby! But the bacon does sound great. Will have to try that as the weather cools this fall. Thanks so much for the tip!