Lately, jalapeno poppers have become my most beloved (and consumed) food group. My sister-in-law first made these on a family trip to Tahoe a few years ago, but suddenly I’m popping them like M&Ms vitamins. They’re delicious, easy to make and better than any you’ll find in a restuarant or out of a box (eew). There’s no frying either, so they’re healthy too (okay, that might be a stretch). My fashion pal Kristen of Glitter ‘N Glue is coming over tonight for a sunset snack and I’ll be making these — again. She’s from Texas too, so it’s in her blood to like them (right?).
Behold, the Best Jalapeno Poppers recipe…
Best Jalapeno Poppers
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. Combine 4 oz of cream cheese with 3-4 oz of grated cheddar cheese in a bowl (I just eyeball this and there’s nothing scientific about this process — just mash it around with a tablespoon!).
3. Clean and slice jalapenos lengthwise, keeping the stem attached (if you accidentally cut it off, don’t sweat it – you’re not Lorena Bobbitt). Scoop out the seeds and the insides. Pat dry.
4. Using a teaspoon, fill jalapenos halves with cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to ooze over and tops turn golden brown.
6. Remove, sprinkle a little salt if desired (I’m a salt fiend) and enjoy your new addiction.
Pairs excellently with Grapefruit Margaritas.
[Photos by FredBaby13]
How to wear a pink sequin skirt & rainbow cardigan. Plus, what we've been up to in Austin!read more
See photos from my sister's Swans & Palms Baby Shower! Plus, tips on how to throw a fabulous baby shower...read more
See our new colorful Palm Springs doors makeover! And why we chose the colors we did. Pssst. The color on the other side is pink!read more
Here’s the new way we’re celebrating Christmas + 60 Gifts Under $15!read more
Want a delicious, easy holiday cocktail recipe? This cranberry cocktail recipe is the best! Grab the recipe here!read more