Lately, jalapeno poppers have become my most beloved (and consumed) food group. My sister-in-law first made these on a family trip to Tahoe a few years ago, but suddenly I’m popping them like M&Ms vitamins. They’re delicious, easy to make and better than any you’ll find in a restuarant or out of a box (eew). There’s no frying either, so they’re healthy too (okay, that might be a stretch). My fashion pal Kristen of Glitter ‘N Glue is coming over tonight for a sunset snack and I’ll be making these — again. She’s from Texas too, so it’s in her blood to like them (right?).
Behold, the Best Jalapeno Poppers recipe…
Best Jalapeno Poppers
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. Combine 4 oz of cream cheese with 3-4 oz of grated cheddar cheese in a bowl (I just eyeball this and there’s nothing scientific about this process — just mash it around with a tablespoon!).
3. Clean and slice jalapenos lengthwise, keeping the stem attached (if you accidentally cut it off, don’t sweat it – you’re not Lorena Bobbitt). Scoop out the seeds and the insides. Pat dry.
4. Using a teaspoon, fill jalapenos halves with cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to ooze over and tops turn golden brown.
6. Remove, sprinkle a little salt if desired (I’m a salt fiend) and enjoy your new addiction.
Pairs excellently with Grapefruit Margaritas.
[Photos by FredBaby13]
See my Top 25 Picks from the 75% Off Kate Spade Surprise Sale, including lemon-print dresses, handbags and pajamas!read more
There are SO many great sales right now like an EXTRA 72% OFF at J.Crew! If you’re in the market for pretty dresses for summer, here are 35 pretty dresses.read more
See my top 25 picks from the Tuckernuck Flash Sale + get the code for 25% off! Sale includes a dupe for my favorite vintage dress!read more
Enjoy this week’s links, including Marilyn Monroe’s Palm Springs house for sale and the #1 item Golightly readers buy… Can you guess?read more
Looking for cute yellow dresses? I've rounded up 10 yellow dresses for women that feel like sunshine and glamour, from caftans and robes to breezy dresses.read more