Happy Friday, friends! What are you up to this weekend? Here’s what’s shaking on our end + 10 Fun Things, including fun shows to binge this summer + my top three movies of all time!
What We’re Up To
I’ve mentioned before that I can easily slink into Sloth Mode once I stop being social. Meaning, once I have nothing to do, I’m very good at doing nothing (re: laying on the couch and bingeing shows all day), and then I don’t feel like being social anymore. Vicious cycle. SO my plan is to NOT stop being social.
I feel like summer is already flying by and I don’t want to waste it.
The Summer of Yes
It’s the Summer of Yes and keeping things going. Sal was here Sunday through Tuesday and our friends Kim, Andre and Dolly got here yesterday, so the pool party has only continued… between work breaks that is. 😉
Tomorrow we head to Terranea to celebrate Rebecca’s birthday. I’m excited to play games by the fire pit and eat Sweet Laurel Bakery.
Have you been to Terranea? It’s our first time, so let me know if you have any recommendations.
Okay, before I head back to the pool to get my daily dose of Vitamin D, here are 10 Fun Things. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!
10 FUN THINGS
1. My friends at Packed Party sent over this Disco Ball Clutch and it’s even cuter in person. It just went on sale from $45 to $22 too!
2. The 50 best memoirs of the past 50 years. Do you have a favorite? I’m embarrassed to say I hadn’t heard of 98% of these, but I love Mindy Kaling’s memoir and Tina Fey’s. #highbrow
3. TV shows to binge this summer. Thanks to your recommendations on Instagram, I’d add POSE to this list too. It’s SO good. Also: Younger and The Bold Type.
4. Are you Sober Curious?
5. Do you also wish you could live inside the Frances Valentine lookbook? Speaking of, I have this caftan in yellow but want it in all the colors!
6. I still want this pink patio umbrella. And it’s on sale! Should I bite the bullet?
7. How to make any box into a jewelry box.
8. Is my dog manipulating me? Spoiler alert: YES!
9. Take me to Rainbow Mountain and Hutt Lagoon (the pink lake) or lose me forever.
10. What are your Top 3 Movies of All Time? Mine: Breakfast at Tiffany’s, When Harry Met Sally, You’ve Got Mail. Also: Roman Holiday and Sleepless in Seattle.
Thanks, as always, for reading xo!
Feather-Trimmed Caftans, Dresses, ...
Looking for feather-trimmed frocks? I've rounded up feather-trimmed caftans, feather trimmed dresses, feather robes and pajamas!read more
Affordable Caftans Under $150
Looking for affordable caftans? I found some great caftans under $100! And they look WAY more expensive than their price tag. Have a look and let me know your favorite!read more
What to Wear to Palm Springs in Fe...
Visiting Palm Springs in February or March and wondering what to wear? Here's the answer & why February and March are primo caftan season.read more
Palm Springs Vintage Shopping Guide
Discover the best vintage shops and thrift stores in Palm Springs for mid-century gems!read more
Kim Genevieve Art Prints: Art of V...
Discover Art of Vieve, Kim Genevieve fine art prints, a giant dose of optimism and California sunshine for your walls!read more
That clutch and the cute box diy!! My top movies are B.A.P.S., Breakfast Club and Dumb & Dumber. Travel Tips by Laurie
Ohmygoodness, I’ve never seen B.A.P.S. Adding it to my list, thank you!!
Love the Sober Curious article! We have to always remember to have a good mocktail at the party!
So true! I need to up my mocktail game this summer. Do you have a favorite?
Where do you find Sweet Laurel Bakery near the Terranea? Favorite movies: Charade, Dangerous Beauty, Metropolitan.
Hi! You can order Sweet Laurel to be delivered from their website and they deliver to the LA/OC area. 🙂
My favorite is the Chocolate Caramel Layer Cake!
p.s.I adore Charade. Will have to checkout Dangerous Beauty and Metropolitan.
“Some Like it Hot” and “The Third Man”.
You must get the patio umbrella because I love it but have no patio.
Today’s Babe Paley’s birthday!