I’ve had two amazing watermelon salads recently, one at the Fess Parker last week that knocked my socks off and another made by one of the chefs from Chopped at the StyleCaster Stylehaven house at Coachella. Both left me with the same feeling: OMG this is delicious, I need to make this, stat.
Refreshing and light and incredibly pretty, watermelon salad is like summer in a bite. And, luckily, watermelon salad is also incredibly easy to make — not to mention pretty healthy, too. Here’s the recipe for insanely delicious and easy watermelon salad…
– Watermelon, cubed
– Tomatoes, rinsed & chopped (Use the best you can find; I’ve had it with heirlooms cut into wedges, but if you can’t find good ones right now, grape tomatoes are sweet and delicious; slice some in half while leaving others whole)
-1 bunch of fresh mint, rinsed & torn
– 4 oz. crumbled feta
– Olive oil
– Sea salt
– 2-4 lemons or limes
1. Mix equal parts watermelon and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
2. Add feta and mint.
3. Drizzle olive oil on top and toss.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
5. Squeeze a half of a lemon or lime over each individual serving for a little added zing.
Voila, summer in a bite! Perfect for easy summer dinners and pool parties alike — and ideal for Memorial Day, a Father’s Day BBQ or Fourth of July picnic. Served alongside a crunchy baguette with butter or olive oil, it makes an easy summer meal on its own. If you make it, snap a pic and let me know how you liked it!
[Photos by FredBaby13]
Here are the 16 Best Cyber Monday deals, sales and promo codes, including where to get The Samsung Frame TV for $500 off!read more
Here are best Christmas Ornaments of 2020, from the funny to the fabulous!read more
I get asked where you can find caftans all the time, so I’m extra excited to share with you my favorite new source: Teggy French kaftans!read more
Looking for gift ideas for your best friend? Check out these 10 Funny & Fabulous Gifts for Your BFF!read more
Election stress have you plotting your escape? If you were to move to another country, where would you go and why?read more