I’ve had two amazing watermelon salads recently, one at the Fess Parker last week that knocked my socks off and another made by one of the chefs from Chopped at the StyleCaster Stylehaven house at Coachella. Both left me with the same feeling: OMG this is delicious, I need to make this, stat.
Refreshing and light and incredibly pretty, watermelon salad is like summer in a bite. And, luckily, watermelon salad is also incredibly easy to make — not to mention pretty healthy, too. Here’s the recipe for insanely delicious and easy watermelon salad…
– Watermelon, cubed
– Tomatoes, rinsed & chopped (Use the best you can find; I’ve had it with heirlooms cut into wedges, but if you can’t find good ones right now, grape tomatoes are sweet and delicious; slice some in half while leaving others whole)
-1 bunch of fresh mint, rinsed & torn
– 4 oz. crumbled feta
– Olive oil
– Sea salt
– 2-4 lemons or limes
1. Mix equal parts watermelon and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
2. Add feta and mint.
3. Drizzle olive oil on top and toss.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
5. Squeeze a half of a lemon or lime over each individual serving for a little added zing.
Voila, summer in a bite! Perfect for easy summer dinners and pool parties alike — and ideal for Memorial Day, a Father’s Day BBQ or Fourth of July picnic. Served alongside a crunchy baguette with butter or olive oil, it makes an easy summer meal on its own. If you make it, snap a pic and let me know how you liked it!
[Photos by FredBaby13]
I'm Team Sequins all the way, but there's a right way to do sequins and a wrong way. Dishing on the rules of sequins below + where to get this dress, which would make the perfect holiday party dress!read more
Has anyone ever worn a pant suit quite like Bianca Jagger? Showing photos of the queen of chic white pant suits, plus how to get the look!read more
Have you heard of Pink Coral Sand Dunes? Here's a peek, plus the pink pencil skirt I wore -- which is now on sale for only $33 -- and how to style it!read more
Thoughts on today, September 11th, plus three heartwarming things.read more
See my 25 picks under $100 from The Lilly Pulitzer After Party sale! From maxi dresses to easy-to-wear shift dresses in iconic Lilly prints, let me know which ones you love best.read more