I’ve had two amazing watermelon salads recently, one at the Fess Parker last week that knocked my socks off and another made by one of the chefs from Chopped at the StyleCaster Stylehaven house at Coachella. Both left me with the same feeling: OMG this is delicious, I need to make this, stat.
Refreshing and light and incredibly pretty, watermelon salad is like summer in a bite. And, luckily, watermelon salad is also incredibly easy to make — not to mention pretty healthy, too. Here’s the recipe for insanely delicious and easy watermelon salad…
– Watermelon, cubed
– Tomatoes, rinsed & chopped (Use the best you can find; I’ve had it with heirlooms cut into wedges, but if you can’t find good ones right now, grape tomatoes are sweet and delicious; slice some in half while leaving others whole)
-1 bunch of fresh mint, rinsed & torn
– 4 oz. crumbled feta
– Olive oil
– Sea salt
– 2-4 lemons or limes
1. Mix equal parts watermelon and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
2. Add feta and mint.
3. Drizzle olive oil on top and toss.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
5. Squeeze a half of a lemon or lime over each individual serving for a little added zing.
Voila, summer in a bite! Perfect for easy summer dinners and pool parties alike — and ideal for Memorial Day, a Father’s Day BBQ or Fourth of July picnic. Served alongside a crunchy baguette with butter or olive oil, it makes an easy summer meal on its own. If you make it, snap a pic and let me know how you liked it!
[Photos by FredBaby13]
How and to get groceries delivered at home + wine, alcohol, prescriptions + more!read more
You're invited to Prom Around the World, a virtual prom hosted by Kelly Golightly on Instagram LIVEread more
Are you still getting dressed during these weird Corona Virus times of self-quarantining and social distancing? May I present a case for getting all dressed up with nowhere to go. Plus, introducing some cute new spring accessories by small businesses like this banana leaf clutch!read more
Need charming movies and TV shows to watch at home while you self-quarantine and practice social distancing? Here are 50 charming things to watch!read more
See photos of baby Chloe's Lemon & Swan-Themed Nursery! Plus, see where to get a swan rocker and swan wall decals.read more