How was your weekend? We had a fun day trip to the coast on Saturday and then on Sunday spent most of the day in bed. I had a fever and was wiped out, so was craving something homey for dinner. Chef Fred Baby to the rescue with this delicious gluten-free dairy-free Cauliflower Potato Soup! Here’s the quick & easy recipe — it only took 15 minutes!
Be a part of our colorful community! Sign up for sunshine in your inbox here:
DAIRY-FREE GLUTEN-FREE CAULIFLOWER POTATO SOUP
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1 head cauliflower
4 med red potatoes (or potatoes of your choice)
1 – 28 oz. bottle almond milk (we used Red Barn)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 – 10 oz. package bacon (optional; we use Pederson’s)
6-8 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Chop + rinse cauliflower; microwave until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- At the same time, peel potatoes, cut into large-bite size chunks, then rinse. Boil in a med-large pot until tender, about 8 minutes.
- If you’ll be adding bacon, cook bacon at the same time.
- To blender, add: cooked potatoes + cauliflower, 1/2 cup olive oil, 28 ounces almond milk, 1 tbsp sea salt. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, you could also use an immersion blender.)
- Return blended mixture to pot to warm back up. Once warm, then serve in bowls or mugs. Add bacon crumbles and fresh bail to top + enjoy!
It’s SO good! As Fred Baby put it, it’s basically mashed potato soup.
Do you have any quick + easy recipes to share? I’m all ears!
Note: This is probably even better if you roast the cauliflower, rather than microwaving it. If we’re patient enough to do that in the future, I’ll let you know. 😉
Sign up for our VIP list here to be the first to hear updates:
Keep in touch!
Sharing easy entertaining ideas for beautiful gatherings! Plus, how to co-own a second home with Pacaso!read more
Discover where to find pink nutcrackers, including life-size giant pink nutcrackers. Plus, pink nutcrackers for under $30!read more
The Frances Valentine Friends & Family 25% Off Sale is underway! Wondering what to get? Here are the best finds from the sale!read more
Looking for the cutest Halloween costumes for dogs and cats? I rounded up the 50 cutest costumes for fur babies this Halloween 2021!read more
Wondering how to get Meg Ryan's character Kathleen Kelly's style from You've Got Mail? Here's hot to get the look today!read more