Clearly I’m inspired by Palm Springs and eras past and my decorating style is best described as vintage-modern. So today I’d like to share 10 genius vintage-modern Christmas decorating ideas I’ve come across that have knocked my socks off, plus a few favorites from Christmases past that I’ve had fun creating. Enjoy!
1. A Palm Springs Gingerbread House by Laura Gummerman for A Beautiful Mess (my head nearly exploded!)
2. How darling is this DIY Christmas tree wall hanging by Hank & Hunt?
3. Adorable DIY giant ornament balloons by Kelly at Studio DIY!
4. Glam-tails courtesy of paper straws + a fancy brooch and the mad mind of Mrs. Lilien!
5. Joy knocked it out of the park with this DIY pineapple gift wrap for odd-shaped objects.
6. The perfect DIY Christmas tree for small spaces by Almost Makes Perfect.
7. These DIY marzipan tree cake toppers by Jordan are so sweet.
8. How charming is Cassandra’s whimsical winter wonderland tablescape?
(You can shop these trees here.)
9. The perfect Christmas tree in the desert by Sugar + Cloth!
10. This DIY honeycomb tree by Studio DIY is delightful!
Plus, a few Christmas decorating ideas from my past Christmases:
DIY candy cane walls | Kelly Golightly
Paint chip gift tags | Kelly Golightly
Macaron tower for a Glitzmas party | Kelly Golightly
How to set a dazzling holiday tabletop | Kelly Golightly for Rue Magazine
Rosemary’s baby (wreaths) — aka DIY mini rosemary wreaths 😉 | Kelly Golightly
How to host a glam cookie decorating party | Kelly Golightly
Have a favorite? I’ve pinned loads more over on my Christmas board on Pinterest. Are we following each other on Pinterest? You can follow me here (I’m @doyougolightly). Leave your Pinterest handle in the comments so I can follow you too!
SHOP THE POST:
See photos for our virtual Prom Around the World + how much we raised for No Kid Hungry! I'm also sharing where to get a feather robe...read more
You're invited to Prom Around the World, a virtual prom hosted by Kelly Golightly on Instagram LIVEread more
How and to get groceries delivered at home + wine, alcohol, prescriptions + more!read more
Are you still getting dressed during these weird Corona Virus times of self-quarantining and social distancing? May I present a case for getting all dressed up with nowhere to go. Plus, introducing some cute new spring accessories by small businesses like this banana leaf clutch!read more
Need charming movies and TV shows to watch at home while you self-quarantine and practice social distancing? Here are 50 charming things to watch!read more