How was your weekend? We had a fun day trip to the coast on Saturday and then on Sunday spent most of the day in bed. I had a fever and was wiped out, so was craving something homey for dinner. Chef Fred Baby to the rescue with this delicious gluten-free dairy-free Cauliflower Potato Soup! Here’s the quick & easy recipe — it only took 15 minutes!
Be a part of our colorful community! Sign up for sunshine in your inbox here:
DAIRY-FREE GLUTEN-FREE CAULIFLOWER POTATO SOUP
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1 head cauliflower
4 med red potatoes (or potatoes of your choice)
1 – 28 oz. bottle almond milk (we used Red Barn)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 – 10 oz. package bacon (optional; we use Pederson’s)
6-8 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Chop + rinse cauliflower; microwave until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- At the same time, peel potatoes, cut into large-bite size chunks, then rinse. Boil in a med-large pot until tender, about 8 minutes.
- If you’ll be adding bacon, cook bacon at the same time.
- To blender, add: cooked potatoes + cauliflower, 1/2 cup olive oil, 28 ounces almond milk, 1 tbsp sea salt. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, you could also use an immersion blender.)
- Return blended mixture to pot to warm back up. Once warm, then serve in bowls or mugs. Add bacon crumbles and fresh bail to top + enjoy!
It’s SO good! As Fred Baby put it, it’s basically mashed potato soup.
Do you have any quick + easy recipes to share? I’m all ears!
Note: This is probably even better if you roast the cauliflower, rather than microwaving it. If we’re patient enough to do that in the future, I’ll let you know. 😉
Sign up for our VIP list here to be the first to hear updates:
Keep in touch!
Tomorrow I’m doing something I haven’t done in YEARS…getting a haircut and highlights! Help me decide which haircut and highlights I should get?read more
Wondering where to eat in Palm Springs? Here are my Top 10 restaurants in Palm Springs for first time visitors and locals!read more
Learn the health benefits in this standing desk review of the BDI Furniture Centro desk. I'm also sharing Fred Baby’s office makeover!read more
Wondering how to travel with a hat? Here's the solution! Plus, the perfect dress for Thanksgiving. Look cute, but stay comfy and eat as much as you want.read more
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe is gluten-free and THE BEST. It's delicious and super easy to make. Grab the recipe!read more